Thursday 9 October 2014

A day trip to Bolton Abbey

I was lucky enough to spend the day wandering around the beautiful ruins of Bolton Abbey, in the Yorkshire Dales last week and loved it so much I thought I would share it with you.



After exploring the most amazing ruins for the abbey we strolled along the river before sitting to enjoy the peaceful sound of the running water.

It is tradition to walk across the river using the small stepping stones placed parallel to the bridge. Me and Tom took up the challenge wondering what all the fuss was about and thinking that it looked easy. I had second thoughts in the middle, as I quickly realised how deep the water was, how little the stones were and how unsuitable my outfit was for swimming.

Thankfully we made it to the other side without getting wet. After a stroll around the other side of the river and a failed attempt to have a go on a rope swing, we wandered back across and not wanting to tempt fate we used the foot bridge instead this time.
I wore a new skirt I got as a present for my birthday, it's a cute Topshop tartan one, which I love. It reminds me of the styles they wear in one of my favourite films, Clueless.



Have you ever been to Bolton Abbey? I would love to hear if you have any suggestions for places to visit around Yorkshire too.

SHARE:

5 comments

  1. Stunning pictures! What a lovely place, and I love your Topshop skirt. Loving all things checked and tartan atm; I bought a few bits myself in a recent New Look haul! There's some lovely bits about at the mo :) Danielle x

    frontière girl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Yorkshire is so pretty, especially in Autumn!
      Ooo Ill have to go have a look at your New Look haul, love tartan pieces.

      Anna x

      Delete
  2. I love those tartan skirts! (Which is quite ironic considering I had to wear one as part of my school uniform for years... haha!) Bolton Abbey looks so intriguing - I'd love to visit one day :)

    Lunar Look

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow what a beautiful place! I wish Florida had places like this but I haven't been to anything like this before. It's absolutely beautiful and you look great! I love your jacket :)

    Jessica
    the.pyreflies.org

    ReplyDelete
  4. This place looks amazing and very familiar! I have a feeling I have been there when I lived in Newcastle back in 2009. If it is the same place, it's so pretty. Such a nice day out. Love your outfit too. :) x

    Speaking Beauty UK | Nars, Urban Decay, YSL GIVEAWAY

    ReplyDelete

© Made Up Style. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig