Wednesday 5 November 2014

Spreading the handmade love ...


 Being a textile designer I am always on the look out for things that inspire me to be creative whether it is fashion, art or things I see in everyday life. 

I really wanted to write a post about some British fashion brands I have recently been inspired by as they all make and sell beautiful handmade items whether it is jewellery or dresses. Each one is unique and innovative in their own way. My dream is to one day run my own company selling handmade items and these brands really do give me the drive to achieve that one day. So I thought I’d share them with you so you can see them amazing work they do.



Mod Dolly

Is vintage inspired London based fashion brand that hand make each garment.
I wanted to share this amazing fashion company with you as I feel there just aren’t enough unique brands like Mod Dolly around. Their adorable dresses and co-ords are so on-trend and wearable as well as being affordable for the twenty something age market. Each design comes in a variety of printed fabrics making the garments fun and quirky. I think buying something handmade adds value to an item and creates a story and talking point. Not to mention you can guarantee these garments are carefully handcrafted from quality fabrics and will last years rather than falling apart after the first wash like some fast fashion garments found on the high street. I love following them on Instagram and getting a peek into their design studio and behind the scenes on photo-shoots.

www.moddolly.com
Tweet: ModDollyfashion


Wild Inanda
For those of you who know me well you will know I love a statement necklace.
Wild Inanda is a handmade and sourced unique jewellery brand selling gorgeous crystal necklaces and rings. 




It is founded by Natasha, a blogger I have been following for a while and it has been a pleasure to watch her journey. She has been making jewellery a while but recently launched Wild Inanda, named after a female family descendant. I really respect how she juggles working full time but still manages to run here online store selling gorgeous jewels. Each piece uses quarts or crystals that are all one of a kind making them individual and special. I have already put one of the white druzy geode necklaces on my Christmas wishlist.

wildinanda.bigcartel.com
 Tweet: WildInanda


Southern Collective Clothing


You’ll have seen Southern Collective’s cute co-ords everywhere this summer. 
They are handmade to order from Essex and come in a variety of printed designs. I love the black and white checker board co-ord, its perfect for summer but you could also layer up with tights and a cardi for winter.

www.southerncollectiveclothing.co.uk
Tweet: collectivescc


Lily King London


Lily King is a London based handmade jewellery brand selling through Not on the high street and their own website. I love the style of jewellery they sell, its very wearable and affordable.
This is another brand I discovered through Instagram and now follow on twitter. I love how each of these brands promote themselves through social media and create a buzz about their brands using cool photography and down to earth chatter! Go follow!

Tweet: LilyKingLondon


And last but not least...
A Girl Named Leney

This girl inspired me to start knitting and selling items.

 Her blog, shop and photography are beautiful and her knitted items even more so. She is very passionate about being creative and making things and I love following her on through her blog and social media. If you want to feel inspired to knit or just to lust over big, cosy knitwear go follow her.


I love supporting people who really love being creative and make a business out of that, especially when they sell beautiful things. I am going to set myslef the challenge to only buy handmade for Christmas presents this year.

Have you got any favourite handmade fashion brands? I would love to hear of some!




SHARE:

5 comments

  1. Wow, I love the sound of all of these, especially the last one! I love a good knitted item...so beautiful for winter. I have to admit i don't buy many handmade items but I am really starting to get into Etsy...I just love the idea of unique items too. My sister makes jewellery and has her own Etsy store here ...so I'm probably a bit biased when I say she's my fave handmade brand :) but she has some beautiful bits! Danielle x

    frontière girl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah thanks! Wow just checked out your sisters store! So many pretty things! Very envious!

      xx

      Delete
  2. I love Mod Dolly pieces! I wish you all the best in the future - there really is something about handmade pieces :)

    Style Sunrise ☀

    :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much :) love your blog! xxx

      Delete
  3. So cute! Love the picks and I love handmade things as well. It's unique and your money goes to someone vs. a massive company!

    Tiff | AMtoPM

    ReplyDelete

© Made Up Style. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig